Who We Are
Controlled at the community level, Family Connection is present in every county in Georgia. It is the largest statewide network of communities in the nation that have made a commitment to improve results for children and families.
A Few of Our Organizational Partners
Department of Family & Children Services, Public Health, Hazlehurst Housing Authority, Department of Juvenile Justice, Chamber of Commerce, individual businesses, Police Department, Child Abuse Prevention Council, Altamaha Technical College, Jeff Davis County School System, Jeff Davis Hospital, Concerted Services, Fairhaven, and many others.
- Jeff Davis Learning Center, Inc. (Daycare & Pre-K Programs)
- Secret Santa
- Jeff Davis Youth Leadership
- HEARTS Teen Pregnancy Program
Some of Our Results
Working in partnership with families, we have tackled intractable problems like teen pregnancy, child abuse and neglect, and school dropout.
- Working together, our partners have achieved remarkable results. For example:
- Teen pregnancy – after increasing annually for many years – began moving downward when our partners developed and implemented a comprehensive plan starting in ____, and is now __% lower;
- We pulled together our partners to strategize about truancy; within three years of implementation of the strategies, the number of students absent more than ten days had declined by 23%;
- Thanks in part to our welfare to work initiatives, led by the Departments of Family & Children Services and Labor, the traditional welfare rolls in our county declined by more than 95%;
- With the leadership of Public Health in collaboration with other partners, childhood immunization has increased by 15%;
- the percentage of babies born healthy (as defined by Public Health) is up by 31%, and
- child poverty is down by 12%.
Our success is our partners’ success – we bring them together, they develop and implement the strategies. Our most important partners are the families whose children are being served.
Please join with us through financial support (tax deductible) and/or active participation to achieve our goal: All children will succeed in school and in life.